Accented Glory interviewed Kim Richard of Natural Roots LLC! Kim is a natural hair advocate and influencer. She has found her happy in all things beauty!
What inspired you to create your brand?
What and who inspired me to create my brand was my husband. After he encouraged me to go natural, I wanted to learn everything I could about my hair in its natural state. This inspired me to share my love and knowledge with other naturals.
The entrepreneur life can be like a roller coaster ride; ups, downs, and loops! What keeps you motivated?
What keeps me motivated is just that, I'm an entrepreneur to my heart and no matter what comes my way in life that tries to distract me from my course I always find myself back in business for myself. I'm a serial entrepreneur...LOL
Growth is intrinsic in brand building. What do you foresee as the next level for your brand?
I foresee Natural Roots LLC collaborating with major brands that I believe in; to give them more exposure to my community.
What advice would you give someone who's considering becoming an entrepreneur?
If you have thin skin it's not for you, stay consistent, believe in yourself and stay prayed up.
Below is answer to our visionary's second question. Click AOV to submit a question to her and she'll answer your question in a blog post on Accessory Diva!
With all you are involved in, would you care to share any tips or tools you use to stay organized?
I must confess, I have not always been the most organized person! Within the pass few years, I've had to become organized because of all the hats I wear. Organization brings a balance to my life and below are a few tips and tools I use.
1. My iPhone is the best personal assistant EVER! It helps me keep track of my appointments, meetings, and events. I can set reminders and successfully avoid overbooking.
2. My iPad is my mobile office! Having an online business, I often times have to deal with an issue in a timely manner. I can quickly address questions and concerns from customers with my iPad. I also use it for administrative tasks like bookkeeping and creating blog post. It's also great that the information on it syncs with my iPhone!
3. Marketing is a necessity for business but, can be very time consuming. To maximize and save time automation has become my best friend! I use Hootsuite to schedule social media post, MailChimp for email marketing, and PayPal for online payment.
4. I set aside certain days for certain tasks. Mondays is my off day for me time! Tuesdays and Wednesdays are days I schedule meetings and appointments. Thursdays and Fridays are days I reserve for my hubby and family. Weekends is when I create designs for Accented Glory and event plans for my organization.
5. I understand the importance of seeking help and teamwork. I have a team of awesome content curators who work with me to provide great information for Accented Glory Naturals and Accessory Diva Blog.
Most importantly I have an awesome support system of family and friends who lift me up and have my back if need be! Because of them I CAN.
Tonya - Accented Glory Visionary
Cierra has been a part of Accented Glory since its launch in June 2013. Outside of being an "Accessory Diva", she's a college graduate who desires to pursue a career in law.