February is the month of LOVE! Couples spend a lot of time and money planning Valentine's Day activities for their significant others. This year I plan to switch things up this month and chose to love me first! I'm going to use my time, energy, and resources to show love to myself too. Without loving yourself first, you can't effectively love others. Below are some "Love You First" ideas you can explore this month as well!
1. Escape Room - Have you ever said I want to be in a relationship with someone that's going to stimulate my mind? If that's you, I got you! You can intellectual stimulate your own mind and have fun at the same time via an escape room. Even though it's advertised as a team building activity, it's definitely something you can do solo! Most escape rooms gladly accept a single person to complete a team roster. The themed adventure usually lasts an hour and you team up with others to solve clues to escape a room. Google escape rooms in your area to find one close to you!
2. Nature Adventure - Outdoor activities are great for engaging with nature and getting in tune with oneself. Being outside and having time away from technology can be both refreshing and replenishing. More importantly, you'll also get in some physical exercise! Search your local parks or outdoor centers to see what activities they have scheduled this month. Most offer hiking, obstacle courses, or walking trails. If you're located in area of colder climates, your local parks or recreation centers my offer some indoor activities as well.
3. Reservations for One - Take advantage of the opportunity to spend quality time with yourself and get your eat on! Make reservations for one at your favorite or upscale restaurant. Put on your favorite outfit and treat yourself to a delicious meal. Be sure to order dessert whether before or after the meal; splurge on the calories for this special occasion honoring the value you bring to the table.
4. Love Letter - Write a Love Letter to yourself! It may sound silly, but trust me it'll be fun, healing, and inspiring. Begin the letter explaining why you're writing it. Expound on its importance and impact you desire for it to have. Then share the things you love about yourself and why. Continue with what growth you desire to see in the relationship with yourself. End the letter with affirmations. Remind yourself why you value the relationship you have with yourself.
5. Treat Yourself - I like to call this one "retail therapy" and it's one of my favorites! Treat yourself to something nice. I recommend you go out to a store instead of shopping online. Get out and try on your purchase in person. Be sure to catwalk in the dressing room and wink at yourself in the mirror before you pivot! Remind yourself that you're worth sowing into and rock the piece you purchase like the queen that you are.
6. Adult Coloring Book - Adult coloring is an activity I enjoy doing in my free time. Coloring can be therapeutic, relaxing, and healing. It's a great way to escape the noise of your world and drift into the calm of shapes and colors. This activity is an inexpensive self-care practice you can continue throughout the year!
I want to encourage you to love on you first! I know for some this statement my sound selfish. Trust me, it really is not. It's a necessity for self-preservation. So, go on and show some love to yourself, because can't nobody love you better than you!
Tonya - Visionary of Accented Glory
P.S. This month Accented Glory is hosting "Love On You" Online Pop-Up Shop on Facebook. We are providing an opportunity for you to show some love to YOURSELF! We have ALL our Fall/Winter headbands and a few jewelry designs ON SALE! You have until Sunday, February 18th to catch our sale. Click link below to visit our event Facebook page for more details!
Cierra has been apart of Accented Glory Team since it's launch in June 2013. Outside of being an "Accessory Diva", she's a college graduate who desires to pursue a career in law.