Meet Accented Glory's #BeDifferent Feature Korynthia! She is a lifestyle blogger at Smart Sagittarius. Read below to discover what being different means to her.
As a black woman with kinky coily type 4b hair, society makes me feel different every day. I embrace being different by wearing my hair out in its naturally curly glory whenever I have the chance. In being different and accepting it, I'm practicing self love and showing others that they can do it too. - Korynthia
Meet Accented Glory's #BeDifferent Feature Elaina! Elaina is the talented creative of The Lovely Locks Co. Read below to learn what being different means to her!
Being different means expressing myself through my creative talents and sharing them with the world! My gift is creating things with my hands. My talents include, crafting, crocheting, sewing & diys. - Elaina
Shop with Elaina at www.Etsy.com/Shop/TheLovelyLocksCo!
One of my favorite songs from Cardi B’s album Invasion of Privacy is I Like It! In the lyrics she talks about the things she likes; dollars, diamonds, stunting, and shinning. Well, two things that I like is summer and hair accessories!
Summer is my favorite season filled with cookouts, vacation time, and lots of fun in the sun. Summer is also when many naturals choose to wear their hair in protective styles. These styles allow more time for fun and less time on daily hair care needs. Click here for tips on how to maintain your summer protective style.
Braids and twists are the most common summer protective styles. A great way to add some “pop” to these styles is with hair jewelry. Loc jewelry and hair cuffs are hair accessory designs that can be worn on braids or twists. When styling with hair jewelry there are three things naturals should consider.
1. Closed Loops: If the hair jewelry you’re styling with has loops, make sure the loops are closed to avoid getting your hair tangled in the design. Also, check wire or metal accessories for nicks to prevent additional hair snags.
2. Lightweight: Lightweight loc jewelry and hair cuffs are best. Designs that are light eliminates the worries of jewelry falling off. For single strand braids or twists, light jewelry avoids unnecessary pull on scalp from weight.
3. Care Instructions: To prolong the life of your hair jewelry, follow care instructions for the design. Depending on the type of material used to create the jewelry; most care instructions recommend that you remove the accessory during tasks and activities involving water.
For more advice and tips on styling with hair accessories click here for my Styling Guide. To view Accented Glory's Hair Cuff Designs on Amazon click here.
Tonya – Visionary of Accented Glory
What’s your favorite summer protective style?
How do you add some “pop” to your summer hairstyle?
Meet Accented Glory's #BeDifferent Feature Bryanna! Bryanna is a natural hair and lifestyle blogger at That Classy Afro Chic. Read below to discover what being different means to her.
“Being different means showing my creativity, passion, and unique flare in my style. I always aim to be myself and admire the beauty that I have on the inside and out! What makes all of us beautiful are those different qualities that are unique and stand out. ❤ “
Summertime by hip hop duo DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince is one of my all-time favorite songs! Its smooth beat and lyrics create a celebratory and relaxing mood. The month of June is one of my favorite months because it’s the beginning of summer! This month is cause for celebration for several other reasons, as well.
1. June is Accented Glory's anniversary month! We turned 5 years old on June 15th. I use this time of year to celebrate and reflect upon how far my brand has come. I also set new goals that'll help expand my reach! You can read more about Accented Glory’s brand story here.
2. I'm a history nerd and I especially LOVE African American History! With that being said, each year I look forward to celebrating Juneteenth. Juneteenth means more to me than any other American holiday because it acknowledges the emancipation of slaves. I rejoice in the strides African Americans have and continue to make in the US and identity how I can use my sphere of influence to assist in overcoming obstacles we still face.
3. In June, my natural hair Facebook group, Accented Glory Naturals (AGN), hosts an event for Loc Appreciation Day (LAD)! LAD was started by YouTuber Qochemist back in 2011. It's an annual occurrence that happens on the 4th Saturday of June. LAD celebrates the diversity of natural hair community and different ways to style natural hair. This year, AGN content curator Lorna Brown will be hosting a Facebook Live convo in our Facebook group relating to locs. Click here to join our natural hair group!
4. Lastly, but certainly not least, June is the love of my life’s birthday month! My husband and I have been married for 24 years and he continues to be my #1 fan. We are both entrepreneurs and fully understand the highs and lows of the small business owner's journey. I look forward to to celebrating a new year with him!
I welcome June and Summer! This month and season brings so many blessings. I’d love to hear what your favorite month/season is and why?
Tonya - Visionary of Accented Glory
P.S. Check out our NEW hair jewelry we have added to Accented Glory's Amazon shop just in time for Loc Appreciation Day! Our hair cuffs can be worn on locs, twists, and braids. Click here to shop!
Meet Accented Glory's #BeDifferent Feature Qwania! Qwania is a natural hair and holistic health blogger. Read below to discover what being different means to her.
Hi, I’m Qwania Dixon and you may also recognize me as natural hair blogger Naturalista4me. Being different, to me, means having the ability to be who you are no matter what. You stand in your truth and use your strengths to uplift others in the world. Being different is a feeling of freedom and self-acceptance. Being different is powerful as it is those who are memorable who have the most impact.
Follow Qwania at...
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/naturalista4me2/
Facebook Group- https://www.facebook.com/groups/Naturalista4meGroup/
Receive her eBook for FREE- I’m Ready to Return Natural- http://bit.ly/2ks467W
Meet Accented Glory's #BeDifferent feature Brandie! She is the founder of Be Kekoa Hair Studio and Be Kekoa Healthy Curl Products line. Read below to discover what being different means to her!
I don't allow my curls to consume or control me. I give it just the right amount of care it needs then let them BE. I understand that each day along the natural hair journey is different and curb the expectations I put on my hair accordingly. Gone are the days when I felt the need to have each strand in place (relaxer aka "cream crack"); some days I'm just a wild child, and Lord know that's exactly what my soul needs to be free at those times. I'm patient with my curls and express gratitude to them for giving me the ability to transform into a multitude of different versions of myself!
Meet Accented Glory's #BeDifferent feature Tacheyana! She's a hair and lifestyle blogger. Read below to find out what being different means to her!
To me, being different means being a leader. In today’s society people follow trends to stay popular. I, for one, do not. I don’t give into the hype of materialistic items. Instead, I do what makes me happy. I’m at my happiest state when my curls are flowing free. My untamed mane give me a sense of empowerment, as if I could conquer the world. - Tacheyana
Meet Accented Glory's #BeDifferent natural hair feature Latavia (Lala) Walston! She is Editor-in-Chief of Clutch Your Closet Blog - A fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blog.
Being different to me means embracing who you are individually. God only made one you, so you have to learn to love "your different" from head to toe. Embracing your different requires you to fall in love with yourself, from loving your hair, your talents, and even your flaws. - Latavia (Lala) Walston
Follow Latavia (Lala) Walston at...
Personal Instagram: @lmarkeinparis
Blog: @clutchyourcloset on Instagram, and Facebook
Blog website: clutchyourcloset.com
Accented Glory's designs are now available for sale on Etsy and Amazon Handmade! Are you a blogger, vblogger, or content curator? Whether you answered yes or no...We Got You! Both of these online marketplaces have affiliate programs! We have created a toolbox for affiliates that contain promotional content relating to Accented Glory. If you haven't joined Etsy or Amazon affiliates program yet, no worries visit our affiliate toolbox page to learn more.
Now, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about here's the short take on how an affiliate program works. An affiliate is someone who directs traffic to a marketplace website. The program generates "affiliate" links for products available for sale in their marketplace. As an affiliate, you share the link with your followers and if someone clicks on the link and purchase the item you get a percentage of the sale! If this sounds interesting to you, I highly recommend that you research the topic, because all programs have a list of dos and donts. For example, directing folks to your affiliates disclosure. These programs provide an opportunity to generate some passive income!
Go ahead and click affiliate toolbox to check out the resources Accented Glory has provided. Until next time...Peace and Hair Grease.
Tonya - Visionary of Accented Glory
Cierra has been a part of Accented Glory since its launch in June 2013. Outside of being an "Accessory Diva", she's a college graduate who desires to pursue a career in law.